MD-500E G-Jive Red 600 Size Helicopter Scale Conversion Kit from Roban - RBN-KFMD500GJR6
The MD 500 series is an American family of light utility civilian and military helicopters. The MD 500 was developed from the Hughes 500, a civilian version of the US Army's OH-6A Cayuse/Loach. The successful Hughes 500/MD 500 series began life in response to a U.S. Army requirement for a Light Observation Helicopter (LOH). This is the 600 size MD-500E G-Jive Blue version.
Most of the work is done for you. All wood work is installed. Pre-drilled holes for easy install of the landing gear. Standard 600 set up is an 1100 Kv brushless outrunner motor, 80-100 amp ESC and a 6S 22.2V 5000 mAh or higher LiPo battery.
This fuselage can be completed in as little as 4-6 hours and is intended for the intermediate to advanced builder. Note: As of July 2018, this is an updated version of the MD500 with a full epoxy front fuselage and separate windows.
- Fully painted fiberglass scale fuselage
- Magnetic cabin lock system for quick and easy access
- Extremely detailed surface and molded panel lines
- Use of 600 standard equipment (6S Battery, 1100Kv motor), fly with your existing parts
- Roban MD-500E G-Jive Red 600 body kit
- 600 Size helicopter kit - we recommend the Phoenixtech 600ESP helicopter kit
- Helicopter flight controller - we recommend the BeastX MicroBeast Plus Flybarless System
- Electronic speed control (ESC) - we recommend the Castle Creations Phoenix Edge 130A ESC with 5A BEC
- Battery eliminator circuit (BEC) - we recommend the Castle Creations 20A BEC Pro
- Brushless motor - we recommend the Scorpion HKIV 4025-1100Kv Brushless Motor
- Three cyclic servos - we recommend the MKS HBL665 High Voltage Servo Multi-Pack (3 Servos)
- Tail servo - we recommend the MKS DS HBL980 Tail Servo
- Two retract servos - we recommend TWO of the Hitec HS-430BH Deluxe Ball Bearing High Voltage Standard Servo
- 6 Cell 22.2V 5000 mAh LiPo Battery with EC5 connector - We recommend the Admiral 6 Cell 22.2V 5000 mAh LiPo Battery with EC5 Connector
- 8 Channel radio - select a minimum 8 channel radio with pitch and throttle curves from our Radio Collection
- 8 Channel receiver - select a minimum 8 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
Roban Scale Helicopters are intended for modelers who have advanced level building skills. Both ARF and KIT product formats require you to install your own electronics (ESC, servos, motor, etc). KIT product formats also require you to install your own helicopter mechanics. Because helicopter mechanics can vary greatly in size and shape, you may be required to modify the fuselage slightly (including cutting, drilling, etc.) to achieve a perfect fit. Roban fuselages are all handmade from fiberglass and therefore may have slight variation in tolerances between body panels, doors, or windows. These variations do not affect flight performance and can be easily adjusted by an experienced builder with proper tools. These precautions are intended for novice builders; an experienced modeler should have no issue achieving perfect results with these premiere scale helicopters kits.
|Class / Size||600|
|Rotor Type||Collective Pitch|
|Overall Size (L x W x H)||1260 x 350 x 480mm|
|Main Rotor Diameter||N/A|
|Main Rotor Blade Length||N/A|
|Tail Rotor Diameter||N/A|
|Tail Rotor Blade Length||N/A|
|Tail Drive Type||Torque Tube|
|Cyclic Servos||3x Metal Gear|
|Tail Servo||1x Metal Gear|
|Power System||1100Kv Brushless Motor|
|Electronic Speed Control||130A High Voltage with EC5 Connector|
|Recommended Battery||6S 22.2V 5000 mAh LiPo with EC5 Connector|
|Battery Compartment Size (L x W x H)||N/A|
|Required Radio||7 Channel|
|Build Time||4+ Hours|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- March 6, 2018 - This kit will fit the Trex 600 Pro EFL models. No frames are included in this kit. Stock mechanics simply slide in and bolt to the frame.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center