MrRCSound Smoke System For Electric RC Planes
MrRCSound Smoke System for Electric Aircraft
This is the first electric smoke system for electric RC planes with the ability to turn the smoke on/off with the flip of switch on your radio. The MrRCSound Smoke System is a tankless system that uses distilled water and glycerin to make smoke for your electric airplane. The unit is best suited to planes with a wingspan of at least 1300mm. The smoke can be piped out of an exit air hole or out to the wingtips. Under good conditions (blue sky and sun), the smoke is very visible and will leave a long trail in the air. During twilight, and overcast conditions, although it may still be visible, it will not be as stunning.
The unit weighs around 4.5 ounces. Run times of 2 minutes and 15 seconds can be safely achieved without harming the unit. We recommend a warm up on the ground for 15 seconds and then a 2 minute run in the air. The best part about this smoke system is the ability to assign it to a channel on your receiver so it may be turned on and off from a switch on your radio. This gives you the versatility to have fun with smoke when you need it, not just during the first 2 minutes of your flight.
Since the system is tankless, there is no need for a separate tank, or injector. The unit is all self contained. Drips are minimal even when doing aerobatics or inverted flight. The Smoke system includes about a foot of large diameter tubing already connected to the system. Extra large tubing and connectors are available for purchase to extend the smoke farther back and small tubing and connectors are available for purchase to extend smoke out to the wing tips.
SAFETY WARNING: MrRCSound has made every effort in the design and testing to ensure the reliability and stability of the system. Even though every effort has been made, there is still a remote chance of the mixture combusting. Motion RC and MrRCSound cannot be held liable should such an incidence occur. All risk is taken by the purchaser for any damage, or injury it may cause.
Connections, required cables, and batteries
Connection is very simple. The unit has a "T connector" on the power lead for a direct connection to a power source. The smoke system requires a separate battery to run it. Though the smoke system requires a 6S battery, using two 3S batteries connected in series allows for more freedom in sorting out center of gravity. We recommend two 3S 1100mAh 25C packs or two 3S 1300mAh 25C packs. The two 3S packs should be connected together using a series adapter. The unit also has a standard "JR connector" for connection to a free channel on your receiver. This allows you to turn it on and off during flight.
Features and specs:
- Channels: 1 channel required to turn smoke on and off
- Duration: 2 minutes and 15 seconds of smoke on a single fill
- One 16 oz bottle of glycerin is good for 20 to 25 flights
- Input: 6S LiPo (recommend two 3S LiPo connected in series)
- Current: About 22A peak (amperage falls to a low of about 12A as smoke is burned off)
- Dimensions: 3.25" x 2.25" x 2.25"
- Weight: 5.5oz
- Battery Connector: T-connector
- Receiver connector: Standard JR male servo connector allowing connection to nearly any brand receiver
- Two 3S 1100mAh 25C packs or two 3S 1300mAh 25C packs
- Series adapter
- 100% Pure Vegetable Glycerine available from Amazon or Ebay
- Distilled water (to mix with glycerine)
Options: (click the spare parts tab to see all optional components)
- Additional Large Tubing: To extend the smoke farther out the rear of the plane.
- Additional Small Tubing: Small tubing is used with a reducer to extend the smoke out to each wing tip.
- PVC Large T Connector: The "T" allows smoke to be piped to each wing. You will also need small tubing (enough to reach each wing tip), 2 reducers, and about 6" or large tubing to do this.
- PVC Reducer: Reduces diameter from large tubing to small tubing for piping smoke to the wing tips.
- PVC Large connector: Allows you to connect large tubing to large tubing to extend the length.
- PVC Small connector: Allows you to connect small tubing to small tubing to extend the length.
Break in process:
IMPORTANT: It is critical that you follow the documented break in process. You only need to break the machine in once and you MUST do it correctly to achieve the best possible smoke and ensure the longevity of the machine. If you do not follow the break in process, damage will result. You will need either a handful of 3S batteries at the ready for the break in or you can use a large 6S pack to provide power through the whole break in process. There is no low voltage cutoff like some ESC's have for planes - keep an eye on your voltage. Please click the support tab above to download the PDF of the break in process.