Freewing F-104 Starfighter Yellow 90mm EDF Jet - PNP
Freewing F-104 Starfighter Yellow 90mm EDF Jet - PNP - FJ31021P
Following up on their popular 70mm variant, Freewing has answered the many customer calls to scale up their F-104 Starfighter and give it the full "90mm Super Scale" treatment. The Freewing 90mm F-104 boasts a host of features that until recently were unimaginable in the foam electric market for this price point such as scale operating landing gear CNC machined from durable 6061 aluminum, completely removable flying surfaces, pre-installed gyro flight stabilizer, functional speed brakes, and a pre-installed LED afterburner ring. Additional features include sequenced landing gear doors, an integrated circuit board to simplify wiring, LED formation lights, magnetic nose cone, removable tip tanks, and plastic details including a molded tail cone.
The Plug and Play (PNP) version includes a powerful 1550kv outrunner motor and 130A ESC, and is designed for the common 6s 5000mah lipo battery size used in other Freewing jets. Intended as a "Scale Plus" flyer, the Freewing F104 Starfighter excels in scale maneuvers, stable flat passes, fast rolls, and tall loops. It looks like a rocket sprinting upwards toward the sun! The F-104 has a predictable glideslope, and its landing attitude will be familiar to those who have flown the Freewing F-16.
The Freewing 90mm F-104 Starfighterc includes pre-installed Freewing E51 Gyro. The E51 Gyro stabilizes the flight handling of the aircraft in all three axes, contributing to a more accessible control experience. The Gyro gains can be adjusted separately for the Aileron, Elevator, and Rudder channels. A remote On/Off function requires an additional channel on your receiver, and is recommended for initial flights until the Gyro is adjusted to your personal preference.
The Freewing 90mm F-104 Starfighter is quite a surprise at the flying field because it flies much more stable than it appears it can. Onlookers will swear that it cannot fly slowly due to the F-104’s iconic stubby wings, but in fact Freewing has optimized their RC rendition to handle gently at a wide flight envelope while remaining as true to scale appearance as possible.The Freewing F-104 cruises at 50% throttle and we measured an average top speed of 92mph in level flight. With mixed throttle, an Admiral 6s 5000 mAh 50c battery gives 3-4 minutes of flight. With its scale landing gear, iconic profile, and other details, the Freewing 90mm F-104 Starfighter will be standout in your hangar and at your flying field!
Visit the Official Freewing 90mm F-104 Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- The world's largest foam electric ducted fan model of the F-104 Starfighter
- 12 Blade factory balanced EDF with metal housing combined with 3748-1550KV brushless outrunner motor produces realistic jet turbine sound
- Hobbywing 130 Amp Hobbywing ESC with 8A UBEC
- Electric retracts with scale, shock-absorbing struts and main operation, CNC'd from 6061 aluminum and suitable for pavement or short grass
- Sequenced gear doors provide added realism and reduced drag
- Removeable wings, stabilators, and nose cone for easy transport and compact storage
- Machine screws and brass threaded inserts are used to attach the wings for a secure fit and longevity
- Gap-less hinges on all flight surfaces for scale appearance
- Bright LED navigation lights for enhanced realism and dawn/dusk maneuvers
- Pre-installed LED afterburner
- Speed brakes (Requires 8th Channel)
- Carbon fiber wing spars and reinforced body parts
- Upgraded pushrod clevis and metal ball head connectors on elevators provide a robust connection between servo and control surface and eliminate "play"
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces
- 95% glue-less assembly
- All electronics and components are pre-installed for your convenience. Just plug in your receiver and battery, and fly!
- Freewing F-104 Starfighter Yellow 90mm EDF Jet - PNP
- 8 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 8 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 8 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 8 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection (Aileron, Elevator, Throttle, Rudder, Gear, Flaps, Gyro on/off, Air Brakes)
- 6 Cell 22.2V 5000 mAh 50c Lipo Battery with EC5 Connector - EPR50006
- 6 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
755mm / 29.73in
1720mm / 67.71n
3550g / 125.22oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||78mm from the leading edge of the wing at the root|
3748-1550kV Brushless Outrunner Motor with 3150g thrust (PNP only)
Electronic Speed Control
130A ESC, 8A UBEC, EC5 Connector (PNP only)
Propeller / EDF
90mm Metal Housing EDF with 12 Blade Fan (PNP only)
9g metal gear standard with 300mm lead : left main gear door
|Landing Gear||CNC electric retracts with scale, shock-absorbing struts and main operation|
6S 22.2V 5000mAh 50C LiPo with EC5 connector (not included)
Minimum 7 Channel (required)
|Build Time||2 Hours|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
Tech Notes / Product Updates
- Please check to make sure that all control horns are securely glued into the foam wing and stabilizer surfaces before flying the aircraft. If any control horn is loose, apply extra glue to ensure the control horn has a strong bond to the foam.
- The servo used for the air brakes can be found here.
- The included Freewing gyro is not compatible with any of the Spektrum telemetry receivers.
Product Manuals / Addendum
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center