Freewing A-6 Intruder High Performance 80mm EDF Jet - PNP
80mm EDF A-6 Intruder Attack Jet - High Performance Version from Freewing - PNP - FJ20413P
Version Info: This is the High Performance version of the Freewing A-6 Intruder. This version includes a powerful 3658-1857kV inrunner motor with 12-blade fan, 100A ESC and hybrid metal gear servos.
During its service life, the Grumman A-6 Intruder was the US Navy and Marine Corps premier close combat, mid-wing attack aircraft. The Intruder was in service between 1963 and 1997 and was designed as an all-weather medium attack aircraft to replace the piston-engined Douglas A-1 Skyraider.
We are proud to offer such a historic plane as our first 12 blade 80mm EDF offering. The A6 Intruder is easily one of the most requested models, so we wanted to offer an EDF jet that would stand apart from its competitors. As you've come to expect from Freewing Model, the A6 intruder is loaded with scale features and performance componentry. In this high performance version, the new 80mm 12-blade EDF with metal housing as of August 2019 is powered by a powerful 1857kV inrunner motor produces nearly 6 pounds of thrust for awesome speed and incredible maneuverability. The sound produced from the 12 blade EDF will simply blow you away.
While 5 and 6 blade EDF produce a high pitched whining sound, the 12 blade EDF with metal housing produces the "whoosh" and air crushing sound similar to a gas turbine jet. Additional upgraded features include a 100A Hobbywing ESC, 9g hybrid metal gear precision servos, electronic retracts with full metal shock absorbing struts, and scale drop down flaps. Own one of the most sought after, highly detailed, best built RC foam jet on the market - the Freewing A-6 Intruder.
Note: The product photos above show tanks and ordinance. These are old photos. This product does not include tanks and ordinance nor are they available as an upgrade.
- Model officially licensed by Northrop Grumman.
- NEW! 12 Blade factory balanced EDF with metal housing combined with a powerful brushless 3658-1857kV inrunner motor
- NEW! 100 Amp Hobbywing ESC with 5A BEC
- NEW! Hybrid metal gear servos throughout
- Composite fan blades combined with metal EDF housing make the A6 AMA compliant (the fan blades themselves are NOT metal, so there are no flying restrictions)
- Super scale details include two hand painted pilots, full instrument panel, refueling probe, scale drop tanks, airfoil panel lines, and complete USS Forrestal graphics package
- Electronic retractable landing gear with all metal shock-absorbing struts
- Steerable, shock absorbing nose gear for enhanced ground maneuverability
- Full function drop down flaps allow shorter take-off distances and slow, scale landings
- Full function linked horizontal stabilizer/elevator gives incredible climb and descent capability and true to life scale detail
- Carbon spars and EPO foam construction provide the perfect balance between strength and flexibility
- Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges)
- Outrunner motor, servos, ESC and EDF come pre-installed for your convenience.
- 6 Channel radio - select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel receiver - select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 6 Cell 22.2V 4000 mAh LiPo Battery with EC5 connector - we recommend the Admiral Pro 4000mAh 6S 22.2V 60C LiPo Battery with EC5 Connector
- 6 Cell compatible battery charger - select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
1170mm / 46in
1200mm / 47.2in
2260g / 79.7oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||check manual|
3658-1857kV Brushless Inrunner Motor
Electronic Speed Control
100A ESC, 5A BEC, EC5 Connector
Propeller / EDF
80mm Metal EDF with 12 Blade Fan
9g hybrid metal gear standard with 100mm lead : nose gear steering
|Landing Gear||Electronic retractable main gear and steerable nose gear with all metal shock absorbing struts|
6S 22.2V 4000mAh 60C LiPo
|Build Time||2 Hours|
Product Spare Parts