Freewing A-4E/F Skyhawk 80mm EDF Jet - ARF PLUS - SCRATCH AND DENT
Freewing 80mm 12-Blade EDF A-4E/F Skyhawk Jet - ARF PLUS - SCRATCH AND DENT
- Product condition: Customer Return
- Box condition: Minor damage to shipping box
- Missing parts: Magnetic "Hump" piece
- Damage/defects: All electronics are defective including retracts. Minor dings and compression in foam in multiple areas of the plane. Will require replacing all electronics.
Version Info: This is the ARF+ version for pilots who wish to install their own power system. All primary electronics including servos and landing gear come pre-installed, just add your own power system (EDF, motor, and ESC) to begin flying.
The A-4 Skyhawk commands a beloved place in aviation history. Designed by the famed Ed Heinemann for Douglas Aircraft in the 1950s, the A-4 was optimized as a multi-role aircraft that used its low weight, high maneuverability, and straightforward reliability to lethal advantage. The Skyhawk’s nearly 70 year history of distinguished service and its continued operation to this day is testament to the timelessness of “Heinemann’s Hotrod.”
To honor this beloved aircraft we proudly offer the Freewing 80mm A-4E/F Skyhawk! The biggest mass produced foam electric A-4 in the world. Nearly the same scale as Freewing’s popular MiG-21, Freewing’s A-4 is part of our “big 80” series and like the MiG-21 was designed to accommodate a wide range of battery sizes. See the comparison photo with our Freewing twin 80mm F-14 to get a sense of the A-4’s overall displacement!
The Freewing 80mm A-4E/F Skyhawk features all new fold-and-twist retracts, with durable aluminum trailing link struts for confident operation on rough grass runways. Removable wings, flexible wing wire harnesses, and a magnetic nose cone enable quick takedown for easy transportation. In addition to the A-4’s overall scale profile fidelity, other scale details include plastic split flaps, plastic arrestor hook and cannon barrels, and plastic intakes. A complete ordnance package is also included, featuring detachable magnetic fuel tanks and AGM-12 Bullpup missiles and outer pylons, and a removable refueling probe. The ultimate in convenience, only twelve screws and one glue joint complete the primary assembly of the aircraft. Brass ball links, reliable control hardware, and digital servos provide positive control as you dominate the skies in your ‘Scooter’!
Adding to the model’s visual versatility, the later version avionics “hump” is also included! Attach this magnetic “hump” onto the fuselage’s upper spine to change between two variants of the Skyhawk. Two complete waterslide decal sets are also included, depicting a US Navy A-4 from VA-22 and a US Marines A-4 from VMA-311. Fly either of these with pride, or personalize you’re A-4 with another livery of your choosing! We partner with Callie-Graphics.com for professional custom decals.
We recommend the Freewing 80mm A-4E/F Skyhawk for Intermediate pilots and above with prior experience on other Freewing 80mm EDF jets, operating on paved or short cut grass runways. Flying with full ordnance and the avionics hump gives pilots a different experience than flying fully clean, so we encourage pilots to try all configurations. We prefer flying without the draggy fuel tanks, but with the Bullpup missiles, both for “cool” factor and for orientation. In the air, the Freewing A-4 is a balance between the Freewing F-86 and the Freewing Mirage –easy to fly yet quick to disappear! Like a typical delta wing, the A-4 bleeds speed in turns, and has a very fast and axial roll rate. See the manual for flap-to-elevator mixing to bring in your Skyhawk slow and slightly nose high for perfect landings every time!
Visit the Official Freewing A-4E/F Skyhawk Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Includes magnetic Avionics “Hump” to alternate between -E and -F variants
- Optimized wing design allows for stability both in slow and high speeds
- Magnetic fuel tanks and AGM-12 Bullpup missiles
- All New Rotating Retracts with Trailing Link Struts
- Removable wings and stabilizers for convenient transport
- Removable nose cone and refueling probe
- Plastic Split Flaps
- Includes waterslide decals for US NAVY VA-22 “Fighting Redcocks” and US MARINES VMA-311 “Tomcats”
- Freewing A-4E/F Skyhawk 80mm EDF Jet - ARF PLUS
- Servos and electronic landing gear pre-installed
- Brushless motor, EDF unit and ESC (see specifications for details)
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 6 Cell 22.2V 4000 or 5000 mAh LiPo Battery with EC5 connector - We recommend EPR50006
- 6 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 6 cell (6S) charger from our Charger Collection
940mm / 37in.
1430mm / 56.29in.
2200g / 78oz including missiles/tanks, without battery
|CG (Center of Gravity)||195mm from the leading edge of the wing at the root|
Recommended Power System
3530-1850KV Brushless Outrunner Motor (recommended)
Recommended Electronic Speed Control
100A ESC, 5A BEC, EC5 Connector (recommended)
Recommended Propeller / EDF
80mm Metal EDF with 12 Blade Fan (recommended)
9g metal gear digital standard with 100mm lead : nose gear steering
9g metal gear digital standard with two 550mm leads : rudder
|Landing Gear||Electronic retractable main gear and steerable nose gear with all metal shock absorbing struts|
6S 22.2V 5000mAh LiPo with EC5 Connector
Nylon reinforced hinges
|Build Time||1-2 Hours|
|Recommended Environment||Outdoor, 300+ foot paved runway or short manicured grass|