FlightLine RC F8F-1 Bearcat 1200mm (47") Wingspan - PNP
FlightLine RC F8F-1 Bearcat 1200mm (47") Wingspan - PNP - FLW206P
The F8F “Bearcat” was Grumman’s last piston engine fighter to conquer the skies. First taking flight in August 1944 and powered by a massive Double Wasp engine, the Bearcat’s performance was superior to many jet powered aircraft of the same era. Over 1,200 Bearcats were produced, operating around the world and participating in conflicts from Korea to Vietnam. The F8F also served from 1946-1948 with the Blue Angels, the US Navy’s premier flight demonstration squadron, and set the foundation for generations of inspiring excellence by Blue Angel pilots. In 2016, FlightLine RC commemorates the 70th Anniversary of the Blue Angels by presenting this electric flying model to inspire new generations to appreciate the historic F8F Bearcat. This is the only RC Bearcat that is officially licensed by Northrop Grumman.
FlightLine RC presents an exciting 1/9 scale flying electric replica of the F8F-1 Bearcat. This EPO foam model assembles easily in minutes and features a scale profile with many plastic detail parts such as spring-loaded inner gear doors, highly detailed cowl and radial engine, and removable cannon barrels. The 1200mm wingspan removable wing is easy to transport and strategic carbon reinforcements provide lightweight strength. The Bearcat’s magnetic hatch reveals a large battery compartment that can also accommodate a flight stabilization gyro (sold separately). Cooling airflow is channeled over the battery and ESC compartment. Large flaps help stabilize the aircraft for very slow and controlled landings to accomplish that perfect carrier landing!
Scale power is provided by a 3748-580KV brushless motor with 4-blade scale propeller, which provides impressive vertical climbing power and 120kph/75mph level speed on a 4s battery. The Bearcat is optimized for satisfying scale performance and extended flight times of 6-7 minutes on the Admiral 2500mAh, or up to 8 minutes with throttle management using the Admiral 4s 4000mAh. An optional High Performance Power System Set provides 147kph/87.5mph level speed and increased vertical performance with slightly shorter flight times.
FlightLine RC’s F8F-1 Bearcat is a suitable aircraft for novice warbird pilots to advanced pilots. Its 490mm wide landing gear stance provides stable ground handling especially on grass when compared to other aircraft with narrower gear stances or smaller wheels. The power to weight ratio also allows for most any acrobatic maneuver you can imagine, yet the Bearcat’s large wing and flying surfaces are most conducive to stable, scale flight, for an overall relaxing flying experience. Landing under power with full flaps can yield a very short landing length, which is ideal for pilots flying in confined areas.
The FlightLine RC F8F-1 Bearcat arrives completely painted in dark blue, with green gear wells. Included inside the box are two optional decal sets:
- 1946 Blue Angels Demonstration Team with 70th anniversary decal
- US Naval Reserve, Olathe, Kansas, 1948
Visit the Official FlightLine RC F8F-1 Bearcat Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- Model officially licensed by Northrop Grumman
- Removable main wing/elevator for easy transport
- Efficient motor for speeds up to 120kph/75mph and 6+ minute flight times
- Intuitive internal structural design for optimized cooling of all electronics in the fuselage from the nose to the tail
- Large cabin space for easy placement of the battery, radio equipment, and gyro
- Improved spinner and propeller mounting design to enable better balance
- Optional upgrade complete nylon hinge set included in each box for free
- Tall foam rubber 65mm diameter main wheels and additional forward rake angle for operating on short grass runways
- Electric retractable landing gear with metal trunions, metal reinforcement plate and 4mm steel wire struts
- There is an optional two bladed propeller Sport Power System (sold separately) to achieve speeds up to 147kph/87.5mph. This Sport Power System includes: 3648-880kV motor, 12x8 2 blade propeller, and 2 bladed spinner. Click the upgrades tab above for more info.
- FlightLine RC F8F-1 Bearcat 1200mm (47") Wingspan - (PNP)
- Motor, ESC, servos and retracts pre-assembled
- 6 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 6 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 6 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 6 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 4 Cell 14.8V 2500mAh to 4000mAh LiPo battery with XT60 Connector – We recommend the Admiral 4 Cell 14.8V 4000mAh LiPo battery
- 4 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 4 cell (4S) charger from our Charger Collection
1200mm / 47in
1085mm / 42.7in
1550g / 54oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||80mm from the leading edge of the wing at the root|
3748-580Kv Brushless Outrunner Motor (Stock scale power system)
Electronic Speed Control
60A Brushless with XT60 Connector
Propeller / EDF
12x7 4 Blade Propeller / 12x8 2 Blade Propeller High Performance Version (optional)
9g standard with 550mm lead: left aileron, right aileron
|Landing Gear||Electric retracts with metal trunions|
4 Cell 14.8V 2500mAh to 4000mAh LiPo battery with XT60 Connector
6+ Channel 2.4GHz
Foam hinges except nylon hinges on flaps
|Build Time||2 Hours|
|Recommended Environment||Outdoor, minimum 200 foot runway, pavement recommended, less than 1" tall smooth grass|
Product Spare Parts