Dynam PBY Catalina Grey V2 1470mm (57") Wingspan - PNP
This product is discontinued
Spare parts available below
Dynam PBY Catalina Grey V2 1470mm (57") Wingspan - PNP - DY8943PNP-GREY
This is the new and improved version (V2) of the Dynam PBY Catalina Grey. This new version now includes Tomcat Skylord 30 Amp ESCs with XT60 connectors, and all new LED navigation lighting with LED control board (no more bare leads). The Consolidated PBY Catalina was an American flying boat, and later an amphibious aircraft of the 1930s and 1940s produced by Consolidated Aircraft. It was one of the most widely used seaplanes of World War II. Catalinas served with every branch of the United States Armed Forces and in the air forces and navies of many other nations.
During World War II, PBYs were used in anti-submarine warfare, patrol bombing, convoy escorts, search and rescue missions (especially air-sea rescue), and cargo transport. The PBY was the most numerous aircraft of its kind and the last active military PBYs were not retired from service until the 1980s. Even today, nearly 80 years after its first flight, the aircraft continues to fly as a waterbomber (or airtanker) in aerial firefighting operations all over the world.
Months of flight testing and design from Dynam yield an aircraft that is very stable and capable of maintaining flight at slow speeds that allow novices to master flight mechanics with ease. High quality scale detail and a nice large 1.4m wingspan make this an attention-grabbing model. Made from a high strength EPO-foam for added durability. Powered by twin 1100KV electric brushless motors, all you need is a 4 channel radio, 4 channel receiver and 3S 11.1V 2200-3000 mAh Li-Po battery and you're ready for water-based sorties and patrols!
Visit the Official Dynam PBY Catalina 1470mm Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
- NEW! Tomcat Skylord 30 Amp ESCs with XT60 connector
- NEW! LED navigation lighting with LED control board (no more bare leads)
- Realistic scale features including attractive PBY Catalina WWII paint scheme, hand painted pilot figure, pontoons and molded panel lines
- Powerful twin BM2815A-KV1100 Brushless Outrunner motors
- LED navigation lights add scale realism and help make the plane more visible during dawn and dusk flights
- Dynam PBY Catalina Blue 1470mm (57") Wingspan - Receiver Ready
- ESCs with XT60 connector, servos and motors come pre-installed for your convenience
- Decal set
- 4 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 4 channel radio from our Radio Collection
- 4 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 4 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
- 3 Cell 11.1V 2200-3000 mAh LiPo Battery with XT60 connector - We recommend EPR26003X6
- 3 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 3 cell (3S) charger from our Charger Collection
1470mm / 57.8in
940mm / 37in
1300g / 45.9oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||80 - 85mm from the leading edge at the wing root|
2x BM2815A-KV1100 Brushless Outrunner motor
Electronic Speed Control
2x 30A Brushless with XT60 connector
Propeller / EDF
2x 3-Blade Prop
4x 9g standard
3S 11.1V 2200mAh 20C LiPo (required)
4 Channel (required)
|Build Time||2-3 Hours|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- January 15, 2019 - The instruction manual states 80-85mm CG from the wing's leading edge. The illustration incorrectly states 60-65mm. The proper CG for this model is in fact 80-85mm.
- November 8, 2014 - You have to solder on your own connector in order to Y-harness the lights into another channel or nearby servo. Also for the RTF version make sure the included Detrum receiver/gyro is securely mounted to the fuselage before attempting to fly this airplane.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center