Dynam PBY Catalina Blue with Gyro 1470mm (58") Wingspan - RTF
Dynam PBY Catalina Blue with Gyro 1470mm (58") Wingspan - (Ready-To-Fly) - RTF - DY8943SRTF-BLUE
This is the new Stabilized Ready-To-Fly version. This model comes with the Detrum MSR66A 6CH 2.4Ghz Mini Receiver with iStone 6-Axis Gyro/ABS built in for auto-stabilization and recovery. For more information on the MSR66A click here.
The Consolidated PBY Catalina was an American flying boat, and later an amphibious aircraft of the 1930s and 1940s produced by Consolidated Aircraft. It was one of the most widely used seaplanes of World War II. Catalinas served with every branch of the United States Armed Forces and in the air forces and navies of many other nations.
During World War II, PBYs were used in anti-submarine warfare, patrol bombing, convoy escorts, search and rescue missions (especially air-sea rescue), and cargo transport. The PBY was the most numerous aircraft of its kind and the last active military PBYs were not retired from service until the 1980s. Even today, nearly 80 years after its first flight, the aircraft continues to fly as a waterbomber (or airtanker) in aerial firefighting operations all over the world.
Months of flight testing and design from Dynam yield an aircraft that is very stable and capable of maintaining flight at slow speeds that allow novices to master flight mechanics with ease. High quality scale detail and a nice large 1.4m wingspan make this an attention-grabbing model. Made from a high strength EPO-foam for added durability. Powered by twin 1100KV electric brushless motors. Included is a GAVIN-6A 6-Channel 2.4GHz Transmitter, Detrum MSR66A 6-Channel 2.4Ghz Mini Receiver with iStone 6-Axis Gyro/ABS, 3S 11.1V 2200 mAh LiPo battery so after the build you will be ready for water-based sorties and patrols!
- NEW! 6-Channel Mini Receiver with built in gyro to conveniently support auto stabilization and recovery
- Realistic scale features including attractive PBY Catalina blue rescue paint scheme, hand painted pilot figure, pontoons and molded panel lines
- Powerful twin BM2815A-KV1100 Brushless Outrunner motors
- LED navigation lights add scale realism and help make the plane more visible during dawn and dusk flights
- Dynam PBY Catalina Blue 1470mm (57") Wingspan - RTF
- GAVIN-6A 6-Channel 2.4GHz Transmitter
- Detrum MSR66A 6-Channel 2.4Ghz Mini Receiver with iStone 6-Axis Gyro/ABS
- 3S 11.1V 2200 mAh LiPo Battery
- 3S LiPo Battery Charger
- ESCs with T connector. servos and motors come pre-installed for your convenience
- Decal set
- Nothing! Everything you need to fly is included in the box
HELPFUL TIP: If you are new to RC we highly recommend that you read through our excellent RC resource known as our "Knowledge Blog". Jam packed with helpful information for beginners including articles, video and a glossary of common RC terms and much more. Click Here to go to our Knowledge Blog's Beginner Section. For further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Support Team and one of our knowledgeable RC experts will be glad to assist you. Happy flying!
1470mm / 57.8in
940mm / 37in
1300g / 45.9oz
|CG (Center of Gravity)||80 - 85mm from the leading edge at the wing root|
2x BM2815A-KV1100 Brushless Outrunner motor
Electronic Speed Control
2x 30A Brushless with T connector
Propeller / EDF
2x 3-Blade Prop
4x 9g standard
3S 11.1V 2200mAh 20C LiPo (included)
6 Channel (included)
|Build Time||2-3 Hours|
Product Spare Parts
Product Questions & AnswersNOTE: Questions submitted on this page are answered by customers who have previously purchased this item. If you have a support related question that requires immediate assistance, please visit our Help Center.
- January 15, 2019 - The instruction manual states 80-85mm CG from the wing's leading edge. The illustration incorrectly states 60-65mm. The proper CG for this model is in fact 80-85mm.
- November 8, 2014 - You have to solder on your own connector in order to Y-harness the lights into another channel or nearby servo. Also for the RTF version make sure the included Detrum receiver/gyro is securely mounted to the fuselage before attempting to fly this airplane.
If you need any additional assistance, please visit the Motion RC Help Center